A massive freight warehouse project threatens our national treasures. Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery, Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie, and Historic U.S. Route 66 are all at risk. Consequently, the 4,000-acre complex would sprawl across more than fifteen square miles and decimate two small towns. Many residential and farming communities in Will County would certainly suffer the negative impacts.
NorthPoint's Compass project will make problems worse because it promises to bring nearly 4 million more trucks per year to this already overcrowded area. As a result comes added pollution and harm to the community and environment.
- Over 500 semi trucks per year get lost, block funerals, and drive over veterans' graves in the national cemetery. NorthPoint is less than ¼ mile from the cemetery entrance and would add twice the traffic to this area.
- Diesel smog and noise pollute the national tallgrass prairie and put the American bison herds and native plants at risk. NorthPoint is across the street and would bring more pollution into the Midewin reserve, which is the ONLY national tallgrass prairie in the U.S.
- This stretch of Route 66, on the National Register of Historic Places, is a daily jam of bumper-to-bumper trucks. NorthPoint's added traffic would dump onto the Mother Road and certainly cause more crashes and fatalities.
Let's solve these problems instead of making them a whole lot worse.
Stop NorthPoint is a group of ordinary citizens who have been working since 2017 within Just Say No to NorthPoint to stop NorthPoint in Will County, IL. Subsequently organized in 2020 as Stop NorthPoint LLC, a limited liability corporation, we have started a legal fund and filed a lawsuit against the City of Joliet and NorthPoint Development.
- Democrats, Republicans, and Independents
- Liberals and Conservatives
- Blue collar and white collar; union and non-union
- Farmers, workers, teachers, urban and suburban professionals, and local business people
- Elected officials
- and more
We are YOU... concerned citizens who are joining together to say "enough is enough!"
Media Inquiries: email@example.com