Pending lawsuits against Joliet & NorthPoint in the 12th Judicial Circuit Court of Illinois (Will County):
- CenterPoint v Joliet ("CenterPoint Lawsuit 2 - Jury Trial"): case 22CH126, Judge Rickmon - 02/23/2023 at 9:00 AM (Motion to Compel by Plaintiff)
- Elwood v Anderson ("Bridge over Rt 53 at Walter Strawn Dr"): case 19CH817 has been combined into 19MR596, Judge Jarz - 3/02/2023 at 9:00 AM (Status Hearing - Case will be appealed)
- Elwood v Joliet (includes Just Say No to NP): case 20CH590, Judge Pavich - 03/03/2023 at 9:00 AM (Status Hearing)
- Houbolt Rd Ext v Joliet ("CenterPoint Lawsuit 1"): case 22MR138, Judge Pavich - Dismissed with Prejudice on 10/18/2022. CenterPoint has filed an appeal.
- Kieken v Joliet ("FOIA Denial"): case 21CH448, Judge Pavich - (Plaintiff prevailed and was awarded legal fees). On 10/3/2022, Joliet has filed an appeal and I have filed a counter-appeal.
- Stop NorthPoint v Joliet: case 20CH739, Judge Jarz - (Stop NorthPoint has filed an appeal)
Be aware that dates & times can change quickly/unexpectedly, so one should always verify by using the "Case Lookup" tool on the court's website at circuitclerkofwillcounty.com. Cases are usually heard during the morning session starting at 9 or 10 am.
The Zoom meeting IDs and passwords are listed by Judge's name on the main home page and the public is allowed to attend courtroom proceedings via Zoom, or in-person depending on the courthouse's latest Covid-19 rules.