On Feb 16th, Elwood village attorney Jordan Kielian filed a five point complaint against the city of Joliet! Jordan has been in contact with us to share this exciting news.
The complaint alleges the following:
- Joliet violated their municipal code by not giving proper notice about the public hearing on December 15.
- If Joliet decides to move the bridge that would be in essence an amendment to the annexation agreement and would need to go back through the process.
- Joliet violated the Open Meetings Act by not giving proper notice that they were going to be taking final action at the December 15th meeting.
- Joliet’s decision violates their own ordinances because it doesn’t meet the criteria for special use.
- The annexation agreement is unlawful because it appears Joliet wants to put sewers within Elwood’s planning area. Elwood is asking the court to prevent that from happening.